The cardiovascular medicine fellowship programs at Scripps Clinic provide unparalleled teaching, research and clinical care opportunities in a health system ranked among the best in the nation for heart care by U.S. News & World Report.
Training programs include the following:
The cardiovascular fellowship programs at Scripps Clinic are driven by 30 faculty, clinical educators and researchers who are committed to providing innovative care and outstanding graduate medical education.
Highlights of the fellowship programs include:
- Diverse patient populations in a health system that provides 60 percent of all cardiac care in San Diego
- One of the top cardiovascular institutions, according to U.S. News & World Report
- The only non-university-based program that offers Clinical Translational Science Award grants offered by the National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- The largest volume of interventional and structural heart procedures on the West Coast
- Research using wireless sensors to anticipate worsening heart failure
- The continued study and validation of the heart attack gene blood test
- Evaluation of catheter-based, minimally invasive approaches for the treatment of mitral regurgitation
- Continued research with stem cells and angiogenesis to improve heart function