People from all over California and across the country come to San Diego to receive care at Scripps. No matter where you are traveling from, we are pleased to provide information, treatment coordination and local assistance for patients who are visiting our hospitals or clinics from outside of San Diego.
With a mild year-round climate and plenty of sunshine, the beautiful coastal city of San Diego offers a wonderful healing environment. Our team is ready to assist with both medical and non-medical services to help make your stay in San Diego as convenient and comfortable as possible.
Traveling to Scripps from outside of the US? Learn about our services for international patients.
Open our Accessibility Menu and click “English (USA)” to translate our entire site into a different language.
We understand the challenges of receiving medical care away from home. Learn how we can help you, every step of the way. From researching your options to arranging for follow-up medical care back home, we can help you with:
- Information about our hospitals, programs and physicians
- Physician referrals
- Medical cost estimates, billing questions and financial assistance
- Scheduling and coordinating appointments with Scripps Health specialists for consultation, diagnosis, medical procedures and follow-up care
- Communication with physicians, hospitals and family members
- Our travel partners offer significantly discounted rates for out-of-town patients including hotels and lodging and transportation discounts
When you schedule your first appointment with a Scripps physician, please confirm the records and forms you will need to bring. If you do not have them, your treatment may be delayed.