- Vascular Surgery
Jeffrey Weiss, MD, is a vascular surgeon who has a clinical interest in the treatment of critical limb ischemia and aortic disease. He provides a wide range of surgical and minimally invasive procedures to treat conditions affecting arteries and veins in the extremities, neck and abdomen. Dr. Weiss also performs endovascular procedures including angiograms, angioplasty and the placement of stents in the extremities, neck, abdomen and chest.
Dr. Weiss’ patients are the center of all care plans, and not their conditions. While patients frequently have a very specific health concern to address, he takes into account a patient’s whole clinical picture. Dr. Weiss is committed to solving his patient’s health issues in the most compassionate and expeditious manner and strives to maximize both quality and quantity of life whenever possible.
Outside of his clinical practice, Dr. Weiss has a special interest in researching the management of thoracic outlet syndrome and multidisciplinary approaches to saving limbs with respect to critical limb ischemia. Dr. Weiss is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons and a member of the Society for Vascular Surgery.
Dr. Weiss used to be a combat surgeon with the US Navy and received multiple military decorations for his service in Fallujah, Iraq and Kandahar, Afghanistan. In his spare time Dr. Weiss is an avid sailor and runner.
- American Board of Surgery, Vascular Surgery, 2007
- American Board of Surgery, Surgery (General Surgery), 2004
- Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, MD, 1995
- National Naval Medical Center, General Surgery, 1996
- Naval Medical Center San Diego, General Surgery, 2003
- Yale New Haven Medical Center, Vascular Surgery, 2006
- Naval Flight Surgeon Program, 1997
If you see an error or omission on a provider’s profile page, please contact us.