Richard Stahl, MD
- Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery
- General Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
Richard Stahl, MD is a cardiothoracic surgeon with Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla. He joined Scripps in 1997.
Dr. Stahl specializes in thoracic surgery (including lung, esophageal and chest wall surgery), adult cardiac surgery (including coronary, valve, LVAD and arrhythmia surgery) and general surgery.
Dr. Stahl received his medical degree from the University of Southern California School of Medicine. He served his internship and residency specializing in general surgery at Los Angeles County USC Medical Center. He completed a fellowship in thoracic surgery at the University of Utah Medical Center, and remained on staff at the University of Utah in a teaching position for one year before serving three years as a thoracic and cardiovascular surgeon in the Air Force at Wilford Hall Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas.
He is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons, American Heart Association and the American College of Chest Physicians. In addition, he is a member of the Society of Thoracic Surgeons, Western Thoracic Surgical Association, Southern Thoracic Surgical Association and the American College of Surgeons.
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Surgery, 1994
- American Board of Surgery, Surgery (General Surgery), 1992
- University of Southern California School of Medicine, MD, 1986
- University of Southern California Medical Center Los Angeles County, Residency, General Surgery, 1987
- University of Southern California Medical Center Los Angeles County, Residency, General Surgery, 1991
- University of Utah Medical Center, Fellowship, Thoracic Surgery, 1993
If you see an error or omission on a provider’s profile page, please contact us.