From strengthening your body’s immune system to minimizing the physical and emotional side effects of cancer treatment, our cancer care program addresses the physical, emotional and spiritual health of cancer patients at all stages.
Our integrative cancer care specialists work closely with your physician to determine which therapies are best for you and provide a care plan tailored to your needs.
If you are undergoing chemotherapy or radiation treatments, we can recommend treatments to help reduce side effects such as nausea and fatigue and protect healthy tissue, including:
- Therapeutic nutrition and supplementation. This can help strengthen your body and support its battle against disease.
- Group sessions. These provide much-needed support and sharing, and promote healthy relationships. Spirituality classes, meditation and mindfulness-based stress reduction. These support your body, mind and spirit and help you focus on healing.
Many participants experience the following benefits:
- Less pain and improved pain management
- Greater tolerance for chemotherapy and radiation
- Reduced need for surgery and medication
- Increased energy
- Lower levels of stress
- Improved attitude and mood