Scripps neurosurgeons are at the center of progressive techniques in the field, pairing their strong expertise with leading-edge technology in a multidisciplinary medical environment. Given the complex nature of brain disorders and conditions, our neurosurgeons often collaborate with physicians in neurology, neuroradiology, pain management and orthopedic surgery. This ensures that patients receive an individualized care plan.
Using the most advanced treatments available, Scripps neurosurgeons provide expert, world-class care using techniques such as:
- Deep brain stimulator implants for movement disorders
- Gamma Knife procedures for benign and malignant brain tumors
- Advanced spinal surgery techniques
- Neurointerventional surgery
- Cerebrovascular surgery
- Surgery to treat chronic pain
- Skull-based surgery including open tumor removal
- Hydrocephalus treatment to remove the build up of fluid inside the skull
- Pallidotomies: the removal of a small section of the brain called that is thought to be responsible for the involuntary movements associated with Parkinson’s disease
- Vagus nerve stimulators for the treatment of epilepsy
- Artificial disc replacement and spinal fusion surgery for back pain due to damaged spinal discs
Given the complex nature of brain disorders and conditions, Scripps offers a wide array services to help you recover after your neurosurgery including pain management, physical rehabilitation and integrative medicine.