Established in 1924 by Ellen Browning Scripps, Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla has been one of Southern California’s premier medical centers for more than 90 years. With 444 licensed beds, we offer a wide range of clinical, surgical and specialty services, including a Level II Trauma Center and 24-hour emergency services. We also offer an intensive care unit (ICU), interventional cardiology and radiology, radiation oncology, cancer care, cardiothoracic and orthopedic services, neurology, bariatric surgery and women’s health services, including OB-GYN and labor and delivery services.
We are consistently recognized for quality patient care and we were the first hospital in San Diego to be designated a Magnet Hospital by the American Nursing Association for excellence in patient care.
Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla offers a full range of clinical and surgical services. Learn more about our services.
- First 30 minutes: Free
- 31 minutes to 3 hours: $4 (Each additional hour after 3 hours is $1)
- Maximum per day: $10
- Valet: Additional $5
- Free parking for disabled visitors and clergy
- Visitors with disabilities can receive validation from a valet attendant, or at the information desk after valet hours.
- Clergy can receive validation from the administrative office
Self-pay parking kiosks
Before you leave the campus of Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla, parking fees must be paid using the self-pay kiosks. They accept all payment types (cash, debit and credit cards) and are conveniently located at the following places:
- In front of the main hospital entrance near the fountain
- Ximed parking structure elevator lobby
- Parking lot C
If you prefer to pay with cash, an ATM machine is located on the lower level of Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla near the elevators.