If your doctor has recommended you have surgery, it’s natural to have questions – especially if you’re unfamiliar with the procedure. Take time to compare your surgical options, making sure you understand the benefits, risks and expected outcomes of each.
Below we’ve answered frequently asked questions about minimally invasive and robotic surgery.
Most of the minimally invasive robotic surgeries performed at Scripps use the da Vinci Surgical System. We offer dozens of procedures within the following specialties:
- Heart surgery, including mitral valve repair
- Lung surgery, including lobectomy
- Gynecologic surgery, including hysterectomy and myomectomy
- Urologic surgery, including prostatectomy
- General surgery, including colectomy, gallbladder removal and hernia repair
Scripps also offers other robot-assisted surgeries, using technology developed to treat specific medical conditions. These include:
The Scripps Minimally Invasive Robotic Surgery Program offers the ideal combination of experience and expertise.
No matter where you live in San Diego, innovative surgical options are within reach. Minimally invasive robotic surgery is offered at Scripps Health locations throughout the county: